Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Children's Home and "Uganda Five"...





We took some time this afternoon to go and visit the Living Hope Children's Home in Wairika, just outside of Kakira. This is the home that Psalm Ten supports. We didn't get to spend too much time there, but we sure had a blast. Of the 76 orphans, about 30 were at the home when we arrived. Beautiful faces, beautiful voices and bright shining personalities. It was so much fun to take pictures and let them see themselves on the video camera screens. We got to drop off a big box of M&Ms and some soccer balls (which were graciously donated by the Pitmans at CBC...thanks!). The children were so grateful and even though we could only stay for a bit, they touched us and I hope to go back again, if not on this trip, the next!
We left the home when Pastor Paul was called to Kakira to pick up some pastors and church members at the church. Now Pastor Paul, Scott, Fred and myself make four people in a van that can seat eleven, but really shouldn't seat more than nine. When we asked Pastor Paul how many we had to pick up, he said five. No big deal. When we pulled up to the church, there was a rather large group of people. I'm thinking to myself, "I wonder which ones need a ride?" I wasn't expecting all of them to come! So we agreed that "Uganda Five" equals about fourteen. There were fourteen of us packed in that little van. I love Uganda.

4 comments:

  1. they are beautiful! bring them all home with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, I hope you go back with everyone...I love these precious faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes bring me at least one! Oh and Dann will want one too! But if they have trouble leaving a BFF, bring us a Uganda 5 as well!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Can do, Jodi! I'll pack them all up in a little van...

    ReplyDelete